This is the day the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24

Pages

Our Journey of Nathan's Transplant

Our Journey of Nathan's Transplant
We're Still Rejoicing!

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Do Not Be Shaken

My fellow prayer warriors. I am trying hard not to be discouraged, we did not get the news today we were hoping for. Nathan kidney functions has decreased instead of improved. They are concerned that his function has not improved with time. They know the transplant process will have some amount of permanent kidney damage. We will have to wait until he is 2 to know the extent of the damage. They also found a gall stone in the renal ultrasound. This is probably due to being IV fed for 8 months. We have an appointment for a consult to find out what the path forward will be. They will not let us try a rapid wean again after what happened last week with the pump breaking. There are many other things they will be looking at and we have lots of more doctor appointments. It is challenging to get the time off work.

I am struggling. I know the the transplant process takes time and you must be patient. It is such an endurance test. The chemo they had to use is very, very toxic. Although the transplant itself has gone well so far, we are fighting so many side effects.

Please continue to pray for strength for our family, for Nathan to be healed, and for Nathan's brother Isaac. What a hero he has been too through this whole journey.
God was telling me as the doctors were telling me all of this that He is in control. He has protected Nathan over and over again. He has been faithful!

Here is the scripture God put on my heart when Nathan was diagnosed. So I must put my trust in the Lord. I will not just say these words, but Go to God as my source. He is my HOPE!

"Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge." Psalm 62:5-7

No comments:

Post a Comment