This is the day the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24

Pages

Our Journey of Nathan's Transplant

Our Journey of Nathan's Transplant
We're Still Rejoicing!

Monday, January 14, 2013

God's Protection

What a day. . .  Not the sort of day I want more of.  We had a HUGE scare this morning.
 
We had an appointment at Children's Mercy this morning for weight check and renal ultrasound. He was very sleepy when we woke him up. He did not want to stay awake. He slept all the way to CMH. By then I knew something wasn't right.   Our Nanny was with us, I told her my "Mom-Dar" was going off.  I got him out of the car he still wouldn't wake up. I went straight to HEMOC clinic. They could not get him to respond. They had to call a rapid response team.  We found out later, his blood sugar was 33. At first they didn't have answers. They had told me no more rapid wean. They are running more tests. Thank you God that we were at the hospital at just the right time. Thank you Jesus that Nichole Masters was with me, Shawn Walker had to leave on a business trip today. I can't imagine how hard it was for Shawn to leave.  My mom was on her way here so she can stay with Nathan tonight and tomorrow while I have to work. It was scary, but God provided in so many ways.

I had discussed with the Dr.s the possibility that his pump may have malfunctioned. I noticed before I left this morning that there was no fluid in the tube. That is weird because even if you disconnect, the tubing is still filled. So when I got home tonight, I checked his room. The floor was soaked, after 12 hours! I turned the pump on and the pediasure was streaming out of the case that regulates flow. Happy nothing is wrong with Nathan, very upset that a faulty piece of equipment could have killed my son. . . So he went 18 hours without any food. My poor baby. . .
 Thank you God for protecting my son in so many ways today.  He protected my job, and provided in amazing ways before I even knew I had a need.  Thankful my baby is okay.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beth,
    Thank you for continuing to post about your family's journey. You are still in our prayers at the Episcopal Church of the Ascension in Gaithersburg.
    Trust your Mom-dar! That gave me a smile, for I know it's true! Motherhood is "hard-wired". ;-)

    ReplyDelete