This is the day the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24

Pages

Our Journey of Nathan's Transplant

Our Journey of Nathan's Transplant
We're Still Rejoicing!

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Eat Nathan Eat!!

The weening has not gone as well as I expected. .. .

Friday was somewhat discouraging. I was hoping that he would get hungry and eat on the weening process. He put more things in his mouth, but would not eat. Keep praying with us! God please help my Nathan get hungry and eat. They will only let us do the rapid ween process until he loses 10% of his weight or 2.4 pounds.
Today was a good day with the boys.  I am teaching Isaac how to read, and we practiced site words.  He never ceases to amaze me.  We also made blue chocolate chip cookies with M&Ms.  Chef Isaac called the Wacky Walker cookies.  He still loves his music.  I love to hear his sweet voice sing.  
Nathan is our little climber in constant motion.  He added a word to his vocabulary today, "WOW!"  I am still working on the feed schedule to try to get it where he will be as hungry as possible.  We will have to go into the hospital twice a week for weight checks while he is weening.   I am almost out of leave, pray for God to provide and make a way, even when I do not see how.
Shawn and I have been blessed with good communication, I am thankful for my partner.  
I have started getting involved in the organization that painted Nathan's shoes.  Peach's Neet Feet.  I will now paint shoes for children who are battling illnesses.  I am so excited.  Shawn has been so supportive, and I am thankful. More to come on that. 
I have not been feeling well the last couple of days.  Please pray that I do not get sick.  
 Nathan still did not eat today. He did put some things in his mouth again. Thank you for standing with us, please continue to keep Nathan in your prayers.  Eat Nathan Eat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment